The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is a state-required assessment test to ascertain college-readiness in reading, writing, and math. All first-time college students has to take the TSI test before signing up for classes unless you are exempt or complete.
1. Verify TSI status
Check the range of TSI exemptions and score completions to determine if you have already met TSI requirements in a single or maybe more areas (reading, writing, and math) or meet the criteria for an exemption. You must show evidence of exemption. You may possibly bring your proof of exemption or waiver, if applicable, to virtually any campus Advising Office. Those people who are not exempt/complete is going to Step 2.
You don’t have to use the TSI Assessment if you:
- Have earned a C or more in a college-level course at a certified institution. The course must certanly be comparable to an ACC course on the approved ACC TSI course list.
- Previously attended college and now have been determined to have met college readiness standards by that institution; or
- Are student who is enrolling in a Level 1 certificate program consequently they are taking courses ONLY in the certificate award plan; or
- Are serving on active duty as a part of this armed forces for the United States, the Texas National Guard, or as a member of a reserve component of the armed forces of the united states of america and now have been serving for at the very least 36 months enrollment that is preceding or
- On or after August 1, 1990, were honorably discharged, retired, or released from active duty as an associate for the armed forces associated with united states of america or the Texas National Guard or service as an associate of a reserve part of the armed forces regarding the United States.
- You’ve got completed the SAT, ACT, or any other approved assessment exam with all the minimum score necessary for TSI exemption.
Test Score Exemptions
The following tests can be employed to exempt you from a number of components of the TSI Assessment. Tests should have been taken in the previous five years.
? Note: Mixing or scores that are combining high quality writing paper the SAT administered prior to March 2016 and the SAT administered March 2016 and soon after, just isn’t allowable.
TSI Complete Scores
You’ve got completed Texas Success Initiative requirements for a subject area if you:
- Earn the score that is minimum in the chart below
- Official photo ID
- Know your security that is social number
- Pre-Assessment Activity Completion Certificate
- Testing fee fee or receipt waiver
Note*: A placement score not as much as 340 and an ABE Diagnostic level of at the very least 4, and essay score of at least 5.
Request TSI Scores
Complete the ask for TSI Scores if you’d like to pull your test scores taken at another HS/college/university.
2. Complete TSI test preparation
If you should be incomplete in just about any area(s) and are usually unable to provide proof of exemption, you need to take the TSI Assessment. ? Complete the TSI assessment preparation steps if you need to take all or part of the assessment. The steps provide test preparation instruction and practices resources. It is important to print out the Pre-Assessment Activity Completion Certificate and go on it to you at the time of the test.
3. Pay testing fee
If you need to use the assessment, pay your testing fees online. Important: Save the printed receipt as proof you paid.
You can request an TSI Assessment fee waiver from Financial Aid if you are eligible for a Pell Grant.
4. Schedule your test
Review the TSI testing schedule to obtain the time that is best and location. Contact the testing center at your campus to schedule the test. Drop-in testing can be acquired at some campuses; please call the campus to find out more. Seating just isn’t guaranteed.
5. Take your test
Arrive in the day that is scheduled time, and location. Bring the following:
Get a lot of rest the night before your test. Allow at least five hours to complete all test sections. A exam that is diagnostic also be required, dependent on your outcomes.